Not actually wheat, buckwheat's genetic makeup is closer to quinoa, pulses and beans. Anita's Organic Buckwheat Flour is milled from hulled buckwheat groats, creating flour that is light in colour, finely textured, with a clean, nutty flavour. Suitable for wheat-free baking, buckwheat flour works well in cookie, pancake, quick bread and biscuit recipes.
- ORGANIC: All Anita's Organic Mill products meet the Canadian standard for organic certification.
- NON-GMO: All Anita's products are organic and therefore do not contain any genetically modified ingredients (GMO's are not permitted in organic food production).
- KOSHER: All of our products have been granted OU Kosher certification.
- MADE IN CANADA: Anita's products are made at our mill in Chilliwack, BC.
- Our organic grains from Canadian farms are shipped to our facility where they are freshly milled, sprouted, blended and packaged for bakers across the country RECYCLABLE AND RE-SEALABLE PACKAGING: Our bags are not only re-sealable for easy use, but are made of 100% recyclable plastic.