Cacao nibs, also known as cocoa nibs, are crumbled bits of dried cacao beans, which grow on the cacao tree. Cacao nib producers dry and crack the beans into small pieces. Cacao nibs are part of the same bean used in chocolate candy production. The small size and intense chocolatey flavor of cacao nibs help give them the nickname "natures chocolate chips". These rich, chocolatey nibs are loaded with nutrients and powerful plant compounds that have been shown to benefit health in many ways. Cacao nibs are substantially lower in sugar than other chocolate products. Here are some ways to add cacao nibs to your diet:
Thank you for joining our Zero Waste Club!
- Toss cacao nibs into your favorite smoothie.
- Use them in baked goods like muffins and breads.
- Blend cacao nibs into homemade nut butters.
- Stir them into your morning oatmeal.
- Mix them with nuts and dried fruit for an energy-packed snack.
- Add cacao nibs to coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
- Use them in savory sauces, such as barbecue sauces and mole.
- Crust steak or duck with crushed cacao nibs for a unique flavour.
- Blend them into hot chocolate or homemade nut milks.
- Incorporate cacao nibs with coconut, almond butter, and pureed dates to make healthy energy balls.
- Use them in place of chocolate chips in granola recipes.
- Sprinkle roasted cacao nibs on top of yogurt.
Please give your jars a good wash before sending them back, especially for sauces, dips, and nut butters! We’re passionate about waste reduction and need your help. Overly dirty jars disrupt our cleaning process and sometimes can’t be reused, ending up in the recycling bin instead. Thank you for your assistance and let us know if you have any questions about the Zero Waste Club!
On The Move Organics (London, ON)