Sautéed Cabbage with Habanero Peppers Recipe
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat.
- Add the bacon and onion. Cook about 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add nuts and cook 1 more minute.
- Add garlic and cook about a minute.
- Add habanero and cabbage. Sauté 20 minutes stirring often until cabbage is cooked through and soft.
- Season with salt as needed.
- Toss in a mixing bowl with Jarlsberg cheese. Mix until the cheese is melted through.