Are you the person who wakes up Tuesday morning to greet the grim reality that once again you’ve forgotten to place an order, or the person who regularly wants a standard local box every week, or one dozen free range organic Gingerich eggs every other week, or 1lb of Patrick’s Beans every week? If so, you will be very excited to learn about a new feature we’re officially launching on our website, scheduled recurring orders. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Save your credit card information
Save your credit card information by successfully placing one order using a credit card as the method of payment and checking the box for “Save Card Number” and inputting your credit card information.
Step 2: Add items to your recurring order
You will notice throughout the website some items have the option to “add recurring” beneath them. Clicking on this will add the item to your recurring order on the schedule you specify.
Step 3: Choose your schedule
1) Do you need the item ever week (weekly) or every other week (biweekly)?
2) Choose your start date for when you would like to receive the first recurring order.
3) Click "Save" to save your options.
4) Is there a week you'll be away on holidays? Uncheck "Active" to temporarily skip that week. Click "Save" (5) to save that preference.
6) Made a mistake or no longer wish to receive this item? Click "Remove" to remove it from your recurring deliveries.
Step 4: Do your regular shopping as usual
Throughout the week, if there are additional items that you desire, feel free to add those to your cart (make sure you are logged in to your account). Then Friday at 4:30 PM, any items that you on a recurring schedule will be added to anything that you already have in your cart. We'll send you an email letting you know what has been added. You then have until the usual order deadline of Monday at 11:59PM to make any changes, including canceling the order entirely if you need to.
Step 5: There is no checkout!
Providing your cart items total greater than $30, there is no checkout process. Your cart will automatically check out at the order deadline. We'll send you an email confirmation as usual. If you don't want the order, you can easily cancel it from the cart page.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What if my recurring items don't add to more than $30?
If your recurring order is for an avocado a week, or a bag of carrots a week, it will still be created, but unless you add additional items during the ordering window to breach the $30 threshold, the order won't be processed. This means you don't have to worry about us deliverying one lonely avocado. We'll only process a real order.
2) What if I go away on holiday, or forget that I'll be out of town?
It's easy to adjust the schedule week by week by checking and unchecking the active button for each order week. If you do that in advance of the recurring there's no need to do anything else. If you forget, and the recurring is generated, you still have until the usual order deadline of Monday at 11:59 PM to cancel the order.
3) What if I want more than what is in my recurring order?
Feel free to add whatever you like to your cart up until the order deadline. The entire contents of your cart will automatically checkout at that point.
4) What if I want an order on a week where I don't have anything scheduled?
Feel free to place an independent order on those weeks. Add items to your cart and follow the usual checkout process.
5) What if I look at my cart after the recurring order has been created and realize I don't need the items anymore?
That's no problem. You can remove anything from your cart (including scheduled items) right up until the order deadline.