Carrot, Leek, and Turnip Saute Recipe
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 leeks, cut into 1/2-inch rings, separated
- 2 medium turnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut on the bias
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or tarragon)
1) Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
2) Stir in leeks, turnips, and carrots. Cook one minute then salt to taste. Cover. Cook on medium low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Uncover and continue cooking for 25 minutes. Vegetables will reduce and soften quite a bit.
4) Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
5) Remove from heat and stir in parsley, basil (or tarragon).
6) Serve warm. Great reheated.