On The Move Organics, Short Grain Brown Rice - 5lb
Short grain brown rice is one of the most full-flavored rices and is an excellent source of whole grain. After cooking, the grains are soft and cling together. Because of these properties, Short Grain Brown rice is especially suitable in recipes where a creamy texture is desired, such as puddings, rice balls, croquettes, paella, and risotto.
In addition to the legal requirements of organic production, Lundberg Family Farms pursues a positive program of ecological stewardship in all their rice by:
1) Returning rice straw to the soil after harvest (instead of burning) to enrich the soil and protect the air and the environment.
2) Practicing crop rotation; utilizing nitrogen-fixing crops for soil enrichment.
3) Providing valuable habitat for a variety of animals. For example, migrating waterfowl rest in flooded fields during the winter and in return they help to decompose straw and improve soil fertility.
4) Practicing water-conserving irrigation.
5) Never growing genetically engineered rice varieties.
6) Using only natural pest control systems in our handling and processing facilities.
7) Generating and purchasing green power for our handling and processing facilities