Green Table, Fermented Living Carrots - 500ml
With organic garlic and Nova Scotia Dulse flakes, these bright beauties have expanded the realm of the possible. Dulse is a sea vegetable incredibly rich in iodine, it tastes great, and looks pretty cool because it’s purple. Barrel-fermented three weeks before being hand-packed into mason jars, these tangy carrots are ideal paired with almost anything except breakfast cereal or cake. And always, made with 100% pure Himalayan pink salt
Green Table’s facilities and products do not contain the leading allergens. That means no peanuts, nuts, wheat, gluten, lactose, sesame, dairy products, soy, corn, fish, shellfish, sulphites, colourants, or preservatives. We are registered as a processor and inspected by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. They even assigned us a processor’s registration number, “121,” which really warms the cockles of our hearts.
We purchase our ingredients directly from farmers in our region. This ensures a fair price for the hard work they do all year long, and a stable price for our customers. We like to call it “Local Fair Trade.” With Respect for People being the motivating force, it helps to put food dollars directly back into our local economy. We do not use any weird or unpronounceable ingredients, and keep our supply chain as simple and transparent as possible.
- Each ingredient meets our high standards of integrity and flavour.
- Everything is processed in-house — from peeling and slicing our own carrots, grinding up fresh ginger root, to slicing cabbage into thin, lacy furls.
- Wild fermented — our process requires no out-sourced starters.
- “Certified Organic” in Canada means 100% GMO-free!
Because we are a Certified Organic company, what goes into our food is just as important as how we handle it.
- We don’t irradiate our food. No irradiation means better retention of vitamins and enzymes, and no formation of unique radiolytic products– Yikes!
- We do not pasteurize, a process which destroys vital nutrients, enzymes, and pro-biotic bacteria. (We adore those microscopic little buddies.)
- We use 100% reusable and recyclable North-American made glass mason jars, because they’re better for our health and our planet.
Wild Fermented, Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Pro-Biotic, Enzyme Rich