Local!!! Red Radish from Alymer - A favourite for Easter
Easter Egg Radishes, from Tips to Tops
2 radishes, with greens
1 tablespoons salted butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups short grain brown rice
1 tablespoons pure lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small pan, dry toast walnuts. Set aside. Wash and chop radishes into pieces of about the same size, and chop greens separately.
2. In a large pan, heat butter over med heat. Add chopped garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until browned.
3. Add radish pieces to the pan, mixing to coat in butter. Add S+P. Add a splash or two of water and allow steam to help them soften. When soft and color from the skin begins to bleed into the whites of the radish, transfer contents of pan to a bowl and cover.
4. In same unwashed pan, add leftover brown rice. Stir to coat in remaining butter/garlic flavor and heat. Add S+P. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. In same unwashed pan (this is good for dishwashing time later!), add olive oil and chopped greens. Stir and add S+P to taste. Allow greens to wilt but not to the point of mush.